What is Scabies?
Scabies is a contagious skin condition caused by tiny mites which burrow into the skin.
How do I know I’ve got it?
Your skin is usually very itchy, often with a rash.
How do you get it?
From contact with someone who has scabies.
Where can I get diagnosed and treated?
- Your GP
- Sexual Health clinic
What is the treatment?
- A lotion is used all over the body, from the neck downwards
- Follow the directions given regarding the time to keep it on
- Wash all clothes, towels and bedlinen at 50c
- Avoid close contact with others until you have been treated
- The itch often stays for a while after treatment has been given
It is essential that close contacts and your sexual partner(s) are examined and treated if required.